Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is why I'm here...

"Red House" (http://redhousecc.blogspot.com/ - the sister blog to this one) is what I do. I'm an architect. I went to architecture school some twenty odd years ago, earned my architectural license twelve years ago and continue to practice architecture to this day. It's a great profession - I can make my own hours, I enjoy doing it and I'm paid well. I love working with my clients, helping them focus and create their design vision. I love that as an architect I get to be part businessman, part artist, part engineer, sometimes a financial planner, politician, lawyer, historian, teacher, occasionally even a marriage counselor - and since I work for myself - IT tech, administrative assistant, and janitor! But the best part of being an architect is that I still get a kick out of watching my designs turn from ink on paper to wood studs on concrete footings.

But truth be told, I think I've been put on this earth to write. So here it is - my writing blog.

More to come....

1 comment:

Glenn Haffner said...

I think you were put on this Earth to do more than just write. You were put here to be a loving wife, wonderful mother to 5 kids, a caring and beautiful friend to everyone you meet, and a mentor to those who ask...

Writing just happens to be one more thing you are meant to do, and you do it well!